Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fill in the blanks

Here is a quotation that caught my eye:

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.

I want to be light and frolicsome.

I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,

as though I had wings.

Mary Oliver

What would you put in blanks to make a quotation like this true for you?

I want to think again of __________ and _________ things. I want to be _____ and _______ . I want to be _________ , and _________ , as though ___________________ .

6 comments:

  1. Here's one I thought of:
    I want to think again of possibilities and miracles. I want to be wide eyed and set aflame. I want to be incandescent and burn myself out, as though I had nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to think again of websites that work and "Unknown" things. I want to be able to log in as advertised and post as "Dirk" rather than "Unknown". I want to be unencumbered with programming errors, and enter known names and passwords, as though I'd actually followed the instructions to signing up for this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, this "Unknown" thing is going to shut me down so if you can figure out what's going on that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I think your "fill in" is GREAT!! (Even though I know it was done out of frustration.) :)
    So sorry the site is being annoying. If I figure it out I will let you know!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete